Friday, April 29, 2022

Inflation Watch -- April 29, 2022

Every run to Target, I check the price of bacon. High, but not what I expected; I expected much worse. I don't buy bacon any more -- I suppose there are exceptions but I can't recall the last time I bought a package of bacon -- at least two months ago and one package seemed to last forever.


I get the feeling that Target is having trouble moving their bacon: always well-stocked and they place it in multiple refrigerator units throughout the grocery store as if they have too much; can't move it.

Other than bacon, however, Target, here in our neighborhood, north Texas, is having a huge logistics -- supply chain problem. Has "completely" run out of eggs. Has been that way for a month or so. The other stores note shortages in signage but always enough.

Asian products especially low at Target.

The nice thing: non-perishables? Anything Target doesn't have Amazon will deliver same day if I i put in the Amazon order by 10:00 a.m.

But bacon, not a problem. Except for the price, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment